Monday, July 17, 2006

Robert Scoble on David Beer's Take on OLPC

I've not seen the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) project fail to get its share of commentary when mentioned on the popular blogs and tech sites, and there is quite a discussion going on now at Robert Scoble's blog. Some people believe that an inexpensive internet-capable cell phone would be a worthier project then the $100 PC. Scoble points to a post by blogger David Beers and weighs in with his opinion. Though I've seen forum posts by young people who state that they take all their class notes and do their homework on their tiny PDA screens, I can't say I agree with Scoble and Beers, but something has to be better than nothing.

What really caught my attention was Scoble's pointedly asking his readers if they make certain their blogs are legible from phone browsers. I must admit that there's at least one mobility site I visit daily that just isn't viewable from my PDA phone unless I jump though a hoop or two. I've been wondering if I should say something and if I could do it inoffensively. Maybe the Scobleizer will get the point across for me!


No comments: