Friday, December 29, 2006

No Longer a GPS Virgin, Thanks to My Asus R2H

I must confess that I never understood all the fuss about GPS.  When I bought my Asus R2H last week, the GPS functionality wasn't a selling point; I'm not sure I even knew that it had built-in GPS until I unboxed it.

Sometimes I'm an opportunist, though, and, as we make our way to a family gathering in Ohio, I find myself mesmerized by the ever-advancing blue line and delighted by the altitude and coordinate information. My husband indulgently smiles when I tell him the names of streets we pass and even asks questions. He encourages me when I debate tethering my phone to update construction information. I know there's a lot more to the GPs thing, but I think I'm beginning to get it, now. I just couldn't resist posting about it right away. Bye for now. I've got to learn more before we reach our destination.

 

 

Technorati tags: ,

No comments: