Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The HTC Shift UMPC Could End My VIA Vendetta

The mobility sites are all a-twitter about the HTC Shift UMPC. Despite my anti-VIA sentiments since the 4in1 issue with Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds a few years ago, I'm excited, too. I can't help it. It's an Ultra-Mobile PC, it's from HTC (the maker of my beloved Pocket PC Phone), it's got a keyboard, it runs Aero, and it's got a faster processor than my tablet; what chance did I have, really (and what chance do I have of being able to afford it?)? Sure, as a Sprint customer, though I can appreciate what it means for mobility, I can't find the 3G connectivity extremely attractive, and the 30gb hard drive is even less so (and is that a touchpad? I'd rather have an eight-way); still, here's hoping this handsome fellow can perform at least as well as the Fujitsu P1610 and deliver a writing experience similar to that of the Asus R2H.

 

Source: Only UMPC

 

 

 

Technorati tags: ,

No comments: