Thursday, March 15, 2007

Windows Home Server Beta 2 Diary, pt 3

Sunday, March 4
Yay! I can download the dadgummed ISO! I get the WHS ISO and the Vista Ultimate (I'm not taking any more chances with my gratis copy). The internal DVD burner I installed in my rebuilt HP Pavilion doesn't cooperate, but I have no problems with the DVD burner I'd stuck into a CD burner's USB enclosure. I can't believe it... I'm on my way!

I'm fairly bouncing over to the other room, where the machine waits. As I reach down to press the button to open the drive drawer, I realize that this machine has a CD burner with NO DVD-reading capabilities. That figures.

Hey, but I'm not done, yet. I'll just go grab my external burner, right? I bounce back to the computer room, dive though the mess of cables, and emerge triumphantly. It was the last triumphant feeling I was to have that right, because my chosen test computer would not boot from a USB disc drive, although it did offer to boot from a USB floppy drive (I don't even have any, and it wouldn't have done me any good, if I did). Strike 8!

Back to Newegg.com and 3-day shipping.


Thursday, March 8
Yay! My new DVD burner arrived at work!
Silly me! I went home without it! How on earth could I have forgotten it?
Ah, well, tonight's game night with the friends, so I wouldn't have time to do anything, anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, great information. Ia ctually read alot of random blogs so this is a nice change from all the mindless blogs out there. Keep up the good work!I run my own site. It pretty much covers laptop buying HP Pavilion. Come and check it out if you get time.