Tuesday, June 12, 2007

TechEd 2007, Day 2 (Only a Week Late!)

Sessions I attended on June 5th:

  • Deep Drive into Windows Vista Group Policy Changes and Troubleshooting
  • Active Directory Domain Sevices in Windows Server 2008
  • Understanding the Microsoft Support Lifecycle (it was important to me to know how long XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 was going to be supported, even if I don't use it anymore!)
  • Wart the World's Best Web Mail client? Use Outlook Web Access in Exchange Server 2007
  • Windows Mobile Demo Extravaganza
  • Microsoft Solution Accelerator for Business Desktop Deployment (BDD) 2007: Windows Vista Deployment Walkthrough
  • Birds of a Feather: Managing Your Network from Your Wireless Device (I could have enjoyed it, if they'd ever let me say anything)
  • BoF: Geeks with ADD: It's an Advantage! (I just wanted to see if they sounded like me)
  • BoF: HealthCare's IT Wants and Desires: All Things to All People (didn't seem like input from support techs was relevant, here, so I bopped out to another session)
  • BoF: Estimating Desktop Support Staff Levels (I might have been relevant, had I known how many techs I wok with, and how many devices we support)

I do not have the words to convey the joy I felt being there and learning about the changes in Windows deployment, Windows Mobile and Exchange Web Access. Don't let my boring list fool you; I was in geek heaven! I was scribbling away furiously on my R2H, trying to get the best bits down for future consumption and praying my batteries would last the day.

There was more hitting the Expo and the MS booths during the day, and there was more beer...I didn't see any more Hollywood actors, though, unless they were in the foam suits.

200706071145_00605

I decided to get the full TechEd experience and go to the Jam Session that night. That one dude singing the blues on the stage at the groove was worth the trip.

The day's report was submitted the following morning, rather than that night.



TechEd 2007, Microsoft TechEd

Technorati tags: ,

No comments: