Sunday, July 09, 2006

Sprint a Little too Informative

While checking the news on my favorite sites, I came across a disturbing post at Tablet PC MVP Warner Crocker's blog. It seems that Sprint gives out entirely too much personal information in an attempt to verify the legitimacy of a request for adding internal international calling to an account.

This is of particular interest to me, because Sprint is the only wireless provider I've ever had. Because of my employer, I could get quite a nice discount with another provider; in fact, I was minutes away from making the switch last month. However, as was the case two years ago, I decided to stay where I was. If Sprint acts quickly to remedy this issue (and one I have regarding my missing Vision pictures), I'll remain confident that I made the best choice for me. Of course, the fact that their unlimited data plan costs a fraction of what the other provider's costs is a major factor in my contentment; I'd be lying if I didn't admit it.

Thank you, Warner, Steve and BoingBoing! I trust you will keep us informed of any developments.




Technorati Tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, MiniMage. One note, it is international calling not internal. :->

The Miniature Mage said...

I swear I'm THIS close to putting ritePen on this borrowed LE1600, just to get the improved handwriting recognition. Thanks for catching that!